Monday, September 28, 2015

ALL IN

     Just recently our pastor did a series at our church called “ALL IN”. In the beginning of this series I didn’t think that he was talking to me because I felt that I had been obeying Jesus by being “ALL IN”. I thought, “Well, I am writing the book that He is calling me to write so I am being obedient, the pastor isn’t talking to me.” I was totally wrong. Being “ALL IN” with Jesus doesn’t mean that you decide to cannon ball into the waters but decide to just stick your feet in instead…when He calls you or me or anyone…He wants all of us!

     Yes, I had been writing the book that God called me to write, but I was still trying to control the situation. The book IS FINALLY done and I had a plan in my head of how it should pan out to be published. My plan was to finish writing the book and edit it over and over again before anyone touched it to correct it. I wanted a perfect product to hand off to the publisher. Before the publisher got it, I would let a friend read it to give me the approval that it was “publishing worthy”. Then and only then would I set up a KICKSTARTER account to raise the money for the publishing cost. Once I had the approval of someone reading it that it was “publishing worthy” and had “all the money in hand” then I would purchase the package and trust the Lord.  I really was only half way in by trying to control the situation with all of “my plans”.

     My family and I have been challenged to go further, “Cannonball” in, and be “ALL IN”! Instead of trying to go in my “perfect” flawless order, we have taken the gigantic leap of faith. We put a deposit down on a publishing package with Xulon Press to start the process of getting the book published this past Friday. Of course, after I made the purchase, all of the “what if’s” started to flood my mind. What if the book is horrible and doesn’t sell? What if I don’t get the money through kickstarter and my family is left with this financial burden? What if something happens in my family because the enemy is in full force due to our leap of faith? What if, what if, what if? The enemy was having a blast in my mind causing doubt by adding new “what if’s” every minute. I felt as if I was the goalie in a hockey game and that everyone on the ice had countless hockey pucks and were taking shots at me relentlessly. But I had to quit those voices because…I knew and still know that the Lord wants me to do this. I decided to quit putting all of these “stipulations” on what He was calling me too and quit being held back by fear…and let it all go. 

I have learned when it comes to being “ALL IN” with the Lord…

1.     It doesn’t make sense:
a.     When Jesus called His first disciples they were going about their business and trying to catch fish…the way they supported themselves. He called them to leave that all behind and taking nothing with them.
b.     Matthew 4: 18-22, “As He was walking along the Sea of Galilee, He saw two brothers, Simon, who was called Peter, and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the sea, since they were fishermen. “Follow Me,” He told them, “and I will make you fish for people!” Immediately they left their nets and followed Him. Going on from there, He saw two other brothers, James the son of Zebedee, and his brother John. They were in a boat with Zebedee their father, mending their nets, and He called them. Immediately they left the boat and their father and followed Him.”

2.     It is a scary thing:
a.     Following Jesus makes you abandon all comfort and to never look back; which to anyone can be scary.
b.     Luke 9: 57-62, “As they were traveling on the road someone said to Him, “I will follow You wherever You go!” Jesus told him, “Foxes have dens, and birds of the sky have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay His head.” Then He said to another, “Follow Me.”
“Lord,” he said, “first let me go bury my father.” But He told him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and spread the news of the kingdom of God.” Another also said, “I will follow You, Lord, but first let me go and say good-bye to those at my house.” But Jesus said to him, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.”

3.     It causes you to ask others to follow the crazy journey:
a.     Acts 2 reveals where Peter preaches because he can no longer hold in the awesomeness of the Father and Son of the universe. The Holy Spirit just came down upon them and he preaches to all that are gathered. He proclaims what the prophet Joel has said has come to pass and he further explains what people should do in order to experience Jesus for them. Once he did this they were forgiven of their sins and church grew before his eyes.
b.     Acts 2: 29-40, “Brothers, I can confidently speak to you about the patriarch David: He is both dead and buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. Since he was a prophet, he knew that God had sworn an oath to him to seat one of his descendants on his throne. Seeing this in advance, he spoke concerning the resurrection of the Messiah. He was not left in Hades, and His flesh did not experience decay. “God has resurrected this Jesus. We are all witnesses of this. Therefore, since He has been exalted to the right hand of God and has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit, He has poured out what you both see and hear. For it was not David who ascended into the heavens, but he himself says, The Lord declared to my Lord, ‘Sit at My right hand until I make Your enemies Your footstool.’ “Therefore let all the house of Israel know with certainty that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah!” When they heard this, they came under deep conviction and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles: “Brothers, what must we do?” “Repent,” Peter said to them, “and be baptized, each of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and for your children, and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call.” And with many other words he testified and strongly urged them, saying, “Be saved from this corrupt generation!”

4.     Blessings will follow:
a.     Jesus had risen and came to reveal Himself to the disciples for a third time and He blessed them with an abundant feast.
b.     Matthew 21:6-7 “Cast the net on the right side of the boat,” He told them, “and you’ll find some.” So they did, and they were unable to haul it in because of the large number of fish. Therefore the disciple, the one Jesus loved, said to Peter, “It is the Lord!”

5.     He promises to never leave:
a.     Even when He calls us to be “ALL IN” He is “IN” with us!
b.     Hebrews 13: 5, “Your life should be free from the love of money. Be satisfied with what you have, for He Himself has said, I will never leave you or forsake you.”

     So, here I am taking a dive and being “ALL IN” the way Jesus calls me to be. To others it may not make sense and I am scared out of my mind but I am asking you friends to join me on this journey of being “ALL IN” with Jesus…the one worth being all in with! Not only do I believe that God will show up for me in a mighty way but I also know that He will show up for you too if you follow Him through obedience and complete abandonment. He promises to NEVER leave us…He promises to show up for us. QUIET THE VOICES…TAKE THE DIVE!!! YOU WON’T BE SORRY!



Because I took the DIVE...I got my first donation for the book yesterday!!! 
GOD IS ALREADY SHOWING UP!!!


TIFFANY

No comments:

Post a Comment