Thursday, August 13, 2015

1, 2, 3, 4...I declare thumb war!

    One, two, three, four I declare thumb war! HA...TRICKED YOU!!! I am not talking about a game played with hands. I am talking about the grueling process of writing a book. I did not go to school for this so honestly I have no idea what I am doing at all. I just know God has called me to do this so, here I am!
     Whenever I was told about "all things writing" from the amazing author coach in front of me, I learned that my book could be published at 30,00 words but the average book size is 45,000. I had no idea how I would get to 30,000 words but 45,000 words seemed way out of reach. I was lost at where to start. I finally brought myself to sit down and just "write already" and the words kept coming forth. 
     The day that I got to 30,000 words was a glorious day! I was so thrilled I reached that goal. But I kept the idea of 45,000 in the back of my mind. I thought, "Yeah right there is no way I would make it to that amount of words!" Well, if you read my last blog you found out that I am currently above the 45,000 mark. I am almost to 47,000 words and the book still isn't done. But there are a couple of questions that haunt me daily...DOES IT MAKE SENSE? ARE THEY EMPTY WORDS?
     Throughout, this process I have had to be super sensitive to the Lord. I have had to make sure that the words that are typed out are His and not mine. I want to step aside so that He can be glorified through all of it. I want to make sure that the words down are not just words to “increase my word count”. I don't want a bunch of empty words on a page...that would do nothing for the LORD at all! 
     I really hope and pray that God is happy with what I got down so far and that HE will be happy with the finished product. Will it be a page-turner? Who knows!!! BUT regardless of how intriguing it is, I want to be obedient. A friend of my and recently published author Anna Schaeffer, of All of This, gave me some amazing advice. She said, "Before I submitted my book to the publishers I asked myself a very important question. Can I read this book in front of Jesus and my grandmother and would both of them be satisfied? If I could answer, “YES”, then I knew my book was ready!" 
     I am praying that I can continue to stay focused and do what He has called me to do. I pray that every time I sit down at the computer to pray, write, type, and edit that it satisfies my Savior, Jesus...and of course my grandma. Thank you Anna for your advice and thank all of you who continue to pray for me and encourage me. I am not going to stop now! With the Lords help and all of you fabulous people in my life I know I can do it! My prayer and goal is to be finished by Christmas.
     Please pray that I can lay aside all of the unnecessary distractions and negative thoughts to focus! I want to make my Father in Heaven proud and punch Satan in the face! I also want to make all of you proud. More importantly I want lives to be changed! Here I go...keeping my eyes on JESUS the perfecter of my faith and yours too! 

     Hebrews 12: 1-3, "Therefore, since we also have such a large cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us lay aside every weight and sin that so easily ensnares us. Let us run with endurance the race that lies before us, keeping our eyes on Jesus, the source and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that lay before Him endure a cross and despised the shame and has sat down at the right hand of God's throne." 

Because with out Him, there is nothing else! 

TIFFANY

Check out Anna's blog and book here! Order your copy today!!! https://annaschaeffer.wordpress.com/all-of-this-a-ya-novel/



No comments:

Post a Comment