Thursday, March 27, 2014

Life isn't always so EXCELLENT!

            We have all heard the saying, “When it rains it pours!” Whoever, came up with that saying sometimes I just want to punch them in the face…lets be real! Because of them when it rains in my life circumstances, I am automatically waiting for the pouring waters to begin OR to think of that stupid saying when everything starts to happen at once! THANKS JERK! I woke up this morning like I always do, my husband shaking me to wake up so that I can get out of bed before the kids do to read my bible. Side note: Thanks babe for always doing this for your “not so morning person in the house.” I get downstairs to my already made coffee: Thanks again BABE! Then before my AWESOME husband leaves the house he says, “Oh, did you read the email from our renters, they are leaving the house in June.” BOOM! In the face like a snowball coming at me unexpectedly painfully waking me up with its coldness! I automatically think… “When it rains it pours.” Now, let me remind you, before that moment I didn’t think about the two sons that have been battling allergies and pink eye, my husband who has been working 5/12’s and now 6/12’s for the past two months, my pulled groin that keeps me from working out this week when fitness is my passion and not to mention my job. BUT there was something about that “ONE MORE THING” that sent me over the edge and made me think of that stupid quote; which then, made me remember everything bad that is going on at the same time! I shed maybe two or three tears, grabbed my coffee, and sat down with the LORD.

            I began to read out of our Philippians study and it so happens that I personally was on chapter 4. I was quickly reminded how awesome God’s timing really is and through my “few tears” of “Jesus why is this happening and MOURNING” they quickly turned into “Tears of Joy coupled with THANKSGIVING.” Read for yourself and you will see what I mean…

Philippians 4:6-8, “Don’t worry about anything, but in everything through prayer, and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable—if there is any moral EXCELLENCE and if there is any praise—dwell on these things.”

If you think that isn’t enough I went on to read…

Philippians 4: 12-13, “I know both how to have little, and I know how to have a lot. In any and all circumstances, I have learned the secret of being content—whether well-fed or hungry, weather in abundance or need. I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me.”

Then He gently reminds me of…

Colossians 1:16, “For everything was created by Him, in heaven and on earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-- all things have been created through Him and for Him.”

AND last but not least…

Isaiah 55:8-9, ““For My thoughts are not your thoughts, and your ways are not My ways.” This is the Lord’s declaration. For as heaven is higher than earth, so My ways are higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.”

Matthew 6:28-30, “25 “This is why I tell you: Don’t worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Isn’t life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the sky: They don’t sow or reap or gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren’t you worth more than they? 27 Can any of you add a single cubit to his height[a] by worrying? 28 And why do you worry about clothes? Learn how the wildflowers of the field grow: they don’t labor or spin thread. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was adorned like one of these! 30 If that’s how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and thrown into the furnace tomorrow, won’t He do much more for you—you of little faith? 31 So don’t worry, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’ 32 For the idolaters[b] eagerly seek all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God[c] and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided for you.”

            In that moment the Lord quickly reminded me that EVERYTHING that I “THINK” I have really isn’t mine in the first place! I may have a home that renters are in and be a manager of that home, but it isn’t MINE. I may have major blessings in children and “MY KIDS” are sick but they are not MINE. I may have a body that fails me on a daily basis and have passions but this body isn’t MINE nor should it be my HIGHEST passion or concern to take care of. You see, EVERYTHING IS HIS! When we realize that EVERYTHING is His and not ours we start to STOP worrying so much when the rain comes! We stop thinking, “Oh great, here comes the rain, and when it does we all know, “WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS.”’ Instead we start to think and realize, “The rain may come, and it may pour, but I know the ONE who controls the rain!” When we can rest in this TRUTH, when we can be in such rhythm with God and HIS heartbeat, THEN we will have PEACE even when the pouring rain comes. THEN we will continue to not let our faith be SHAKEN…even if it is a little bit stirred sometimes…BUT NEVER SHAKEN!

Hebrews 12:28, “Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us hold on to grace. By it, we may serve God acceptably, with reverence and awe,”


            Spend time with and trust in the ONE that everything belongs too! For nothing is ours, EVERYTHING is HIS and HE’S got everything under control...THE EXCELLENT AND THE NOT SO EXCELLENT!!! THIS LIFE IS NOT OUR OWN! NOTHING BELONGS TO US! OUR HOPE IS THE ONE WHO IS ETERNAL!!! In this is my hope…for this is the only thing in that is TRULY EXCELLENT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment